Job Title: Widener ASP Support Staff
Supervisor: Director of Educational and Recreational Programs
Brief Description: Seeking support staff to work in After School Programs (ASP) at the Widener Memorial School, Monday through Friday from 3:00-6:00pm. Our ASPs target social, functional independent living, and pre-vocational skill development for our students with disabilities, ages 5-21. Our After School Program support staff assist in a range of activities that include but are not limited to;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate activity plans and lead students in educational activities
- Provide a warm and caring atmosphere for participants.
- Assist with data collection and progress monitoring
- Work exclusively with students in small group or 1:1 settings
- Communicate with the parents through daily drop‐off and pick‐up
- Room setup and break down before and after program
- Implement behavioral interventions and positive supports as necessary
- Participate and assist with the activities of students enrolled
- Meet weekly with director to discuss action items and program needs
- Monitor children to ensure their health, safety and physical well-being;
- Collaborate with fieldwork students, 1:1 aides, supports coordinators, etc. to differentiate activities to best meet the needs of students
Working Conditions: Educational and Recreational atmosphere, in both indoor and outdoor settings. Exposure to body fluids, noises, and disagreeable odors.
Physical Conditions: Work type varies with short periods of standing, walking, moving, swimming, and light to moderate lifting.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working with people with disabilities desired
- Knowledge of behavioral modification strategies and positive supports strongly desired
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication, organizational and collaboration skills, and demonstrated ability to build relationships with students, staff, and parents. They are passionate, creative, and flexible!
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: Up to $16.00 per hour
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)