Headquartered in Worcester, Montgomery County, PA Variety – The Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley is an independent 501(c)3 corporation which is chartered by Variety International. The organization’s mission is to enrich the lives of children and young adults with disabilities through social, educational and vocational programs that nurture independence, self-confidence and prepare them for life. Variety serves children with disabilities throughout the five-county Philadelphia area, Southern New Jersey and Delaware.
Summer Art & Design Activity Coordinator creates and facilitates art & design-based programs that are safe, fun, and appropriate to campers’ age and abilities. Assist in the management of the space and related equipment and supplies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver an art and design program that is appropriate for the age and ability of the campers. (School age)
- Deliver art and design lesson plans that meet camp outcomes and the abilities of the campers.
- Deliver art and design activities that make use of different mediums, make use of the camp’s natural environment, and use art resources most efficiently.
- Evaluate the success of the art and design program.
- Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures.
- Ensure campers and staff follow safety procedures.
- Assist in the management and care of the physical facilities and equipment in the art and design program area.
- Maintain the art equipment.
- Ensure the security of the art equipment and supplies, including clear inventory and planning for replacement of supplies in a timely manner.
- Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, planning and leading those as assigned.
- Create programs that adhere to Variety’s required programmatic structure, including adaptions to ensure activities are universally accessible.
- Assist in any other duties as assigned.
- Desire and ability to work with children with disabilities
- Training and experience in teaching art to children
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance
- Ability to display a mature, professional standard
- Ability to work as part of a team, cooperate with staff and other professionals
- Ability to place the needs of the campers above their own
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, patience, adaptability
- 16 years of age or older
- All applicable PA state clearances
Job Type: Part-Time
Pay: $14 per hour
Read the full description and apply on Indeed below.