Variety- the Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley has an excellent opportunity for a Program Operations Coordinator on its beautiful 77-acre campus located in Worcester, Pa.
The Programmatic Operations Coordinator is responsible for supporting the operations of Variety’s portfolio of programs by working closely with the Director of Programming. Candidate must be an extremely organized team player with excellent communication and computer skills. This position will support staff and program recruitment, data tracking, procurement, programmatic event planning, and billing. This position will be assigned to special projects as needed.
This position has access to valuable equipment and keys and is expected to handle property with integrity and professionalism. Position has regular contact with client families, vendors, contractors, volunteers and staff, and is expected to represent Variety in a professional manner.
1. Supports recruitment of program staff and recruitment efforts of Variety program participants
2. Supports completion and/or tracking of hire paperwork for seasonal and part time staff
3. Manages program interns as needed
4. Trains new program staff as needed on Ring Central for programmatic tasks and other programmatic topics as appropriate
5. Supports building of partner relationships
6. Orders program supplies as needed
7. Creates surveys, updates program materials, and coordinates special program events (bazaar, carnival, holiday party) as needed
8. Supports fiscal tasks assigned to program including organizing receipts, ensuring timesheets submitted on time, and invoicing for programs as needed
9. Supports VarietyWorks billing on a regular basis.
10. Supports program audit and licensing preparation and coordination.
11. Ensure client demographic and outcome data being tracked accurately and completely on a regular basis
12. Document client stories with photos to be used as needed
13. Supports preparation of programmatic Board reports, funder reports, and other data reports needed for internal or external purposes.
Orders program supplies and searches for competitive pricing as appropriate
Coordinates and attends programmatic staff meetings and documents meetings as appropriate
Supports Director of Programming in coordination of meetings or special projects or needed communications with external partners.
Coordinates and staffs as needed open houses (on campus) or resource tables (externally)
Manages database entry as needed for various agency systems.
Drives Variety vehicles as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
1. Provide direction to volunteers or part time staff as assigned.
2. Provide management of program operations through independent judgment and decision-making.
1. Attend relevant workshops or join professional groups as necessary to maintain professional knowledge and licensure.
2. Participate in assigned events that may occur after regular business hours and weekends.
3. Other duties as assigned within the scope of position expectations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
All Staff Competencies
· Basic understanding of Variety’s mission, values, programs and services, and strategic plan.
· Knowledge and understanding of the target community needs and demographics.
· Understanding of legal criteria for issues such as confidentiality, child abuse, and mandated reporter requirements.
· Ability to provide nonviolent intervention with a high level of ethical standards of conduct, cultural sensitivity and within appropriate boundaries and limits.
· Ability to effectively use standard office equipment.
· Possesses strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by courteous, cordial, cooperative, and professional interaction with diverse groups of co-workers, external business partners, and the community.
· Ability to operate a computer and use a variety of common software programs including Microsoft Office, QuickBooks and customized databases.
· Adheres to all Variety and departmental policies and procedures.
· Attends all Variety in-services as required.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and effectively communicate with individuals and groups.
Experience, Education, and Licensure
Minimum Experience: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work in a team atmosphere but also be self-directed in projects. Extremely organized and attentive to detail. Experience in or passion for nonprofit work. Proficiency in excel and word. Experience in direct service or program delivery preferred not required
Minimum Education: High School Diploma
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; talk or hear. The employee will occasionally climb stairs and ladders; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; taste or smell.
2. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
3. Operate related office equipment and use necessary tools.
4. Specific vision abilities required by the job include frequent reading and close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Position may require occasional trips to attend conferences seminars, and meetings.
Certain work-related appointments and events might be scheduled outside of traditional work hours as necessary.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter Nicholas Larcinese at www.varietyphila.org
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $41,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
- Health insurance
Billing and Compliance Specialist – Worcester, PA 19490 – Indeed.com