Employment Specialist in the VarietyWorks Program are expected to help educate and provide support to the participants involved within the VarietyWorks programs in respect to their given job roles and expectations. This specific role will be expected to support three participants each day in a Small Group Employment setting. The goal of this program is to help its participants further develop their vocational skills in the hopes of becoming more confident, independent and employable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and assist participants with daily job functions and activities.
- Record daily progress notes that track progress towards each individuals’ outcomes as per their Individual Support Plan.
- Write quarterly reports about progress made, interventions utilized, and detailed updates in regard to each individual’s progress within the program.
- Communicate with participants, families, and all related team members regarding daily program happenings, events, and progress.
- Assist in the direct supervision of children in the assigned program as directed by the teacher or supervisors (e.g. bussing, classroom assignments, lunch, pool, etc.)
- Model and maintain appropriate behavioral expectations across all environments, including but not limited to: conversation and social engagement, clean-up and self-care activities, listening, and everyday interactions for the purpose of demonstrating appropriate social behavior in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Assist in ensuring the safety and well-being of all students within the program.
- Maintain cleanly program areas and equipment.
- Respond to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of the program’s function.
Working Conditions: Vocational based atmosphere located in an indoor environment.
Physical Conditions: The employee should be able to provide physical support to participants in the program when necessary. The employee should be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Standing, walking, and bending will be required to complete this role.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working with people with disabilities desired.
- Knowledge of behavioral modification strategies and positive supports strongly desired
- Knowledge of Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) based interventions preferred.
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication, organizational and collaboration skills, and demonstrated ability to build relationships with students, staff, and parents. They are passionate, creative, and flexible!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Worcester, PA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click on the link below to apply:
Employment Specialist- Mobile Cafe – Worcester, PA – Indeed.com