Headquartered in Worcester, Montgomery County, PA Variety – The Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley is an independent 501(c)3 corporation which is chartered by Variety International. The organization’s mission is to enrich the lives of children and young adults with disabilities through social, educational and vocational programs that nurture independence, self-confidence and prepare them for life. Variety serves children with disabilities throughout the five-county Philadelphia area, southern New Jersey and Delaware.
Opportunity: Fitness & Dance Program Activity Coordinator works at the direction of the Coordinator of Education and Recreation Programs to facilitate a fitness/dance-based program that are safe, fun, and appropriate to the campers’ age and abilities. Assist in the management of the fitness and dance building and related equipment and supplies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report directly to Coordinator of Education and Recreation Programs.
- Deliver a fitness program that is appropriate for the age and ability of the campers.
a. Deliver fitness lesson plans that meet camp outcomes and the abilities of the campers.
b. Deliver fitness activities that make use of different mediums, make use of the camp’s natural environment, and use fitness resources most efficiently.
c. Evaluate the success of the fitness program.
- Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures.
- a. Ensure campers and staff follow safety procedures.
- Assist in the management and care of the physical facilities and equipment in the fitness program area.
- Maintain the fitness equipment.
a. Ensure the security of the fitness equipment and supplies, including clear inventory and planning for replacement of supplies in a timely manner.
b. Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, planning and leading those as assigned.
c. Design programs that adhere to Variety’s required programmatic structure, including adaptions to ensure activities are universally accessible.
- Assist in any other duties as assigned.
- Desire and ability to work with children with disabilities.
- Training and experience in teaching fitness/dance to children
- Ability to communicate and work with groups participating (age and skill levels) and provide necessary instruction to campers and staff.
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance.
- Ability to display a mature, professional standard.
- Ability to work as part of a team, cooperate with staff and other professionals.
- Ability to place the needs of the campers above their own.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, patience, adaptability
- 16 years of age or older
- All applicable PA state clearances
Working Conditions: Educational and Recreational atmosphere, in both indoor and outdoor settings. Exposure to body fluids, noises, and disagreeable odors.
Physical Conditions: Work type varies with short periods of standing, walking, moving, swimming, and light to moderate lifting
Job Type: Seasonal
Pay: $14 per hour
Read full description and apply below: