Variety is seeking a skilled individual to work as a part time Facilities Technician at an exciting and pivotal moment for the organization, which operates on a 77-acre campus in Worcester, PA that includes 30+ structures.
Reporting to the Facilities Director and Director of Operations this very rewarding part time position will help maintain the grounds and buildings on our campus. Candidates are to be skilled in multiple areas of repairs and maintenance, have experience using and caring for lawn equipment, and be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. Schedule is approximately 20 hours per week and pre-scheduled additional hours on the weekends may be needed periodically.
1. Perform janitorial duties daily ranging from trash removal to cleaning to stocking supplies. During summer camp, the cleaning needs to occur throughout the day regularly in the facilities that clients use.
2. Conduct needed repairs to campus property that can be completed in-house in a safe manner
3. Conduct ongoing general maintenance as well as one time needs on the campus. Tasks may range from cosmetic repairs to electrical and structural.
4. Remove snow and ice to prepare campus for vehicle and foot traffic.
5. Set up and break down chairs, tables and other needed equipment for events.
6. Provide technical support for projector in rec hall and in other client buildings as appropriate.
7. Operate heavy equipment as owned by Variety and if approved by supervisor
8. Drive Variety vehicles if cleared to drive them by Human Resources.
9. Maintain vehicles including ensuring needed repairs and inspections happen. Repair equipment in-house if appropriate.
10. Cut grass and landscape as needed on property
11. Be on call for leasing groups as scheduled.
12. Rearrange cabins and other buildings as requested for programming.
13. Travel as needed to locations for pickup of Variety donations
14. Purchase needed materials as directed by Facilities Director or agency leadership, and in accordance with budget.
15. Support Facilities Director in negotiating with external vendors as requested
16. Support volunteers scheduled to volunteer in a facilities capacity and as directed by the Facilities Director or Director of Operations.
17. Adheres to the Variety’s security guidelines and ensures the appropriate handling of sensitive information.
18. Other duties as assigned.