Students in our vocational club and VarietyWorks program, just can’t get enough of making Zucchini Bread. Not only is it delicious, but they get to see and learn the process of making the bread from start to finish.
First, they grow the zucchini in our garden, then take it into our kitchen and use it to bake the bread, and finally, they go out and sell it in the community. It’s an amazing hands-on learning experience.
We wanted to share the delicious recipe from our kitchen so you can make it at home to enjoy with your family!
*Note: this is enough to make two loaves of bread
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease two 8 x 4 inch pans
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, soda, nutmeg and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and beat well.
- Grate zucchini and fold into mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan, completely cool and enjoy!