Independent Living Intensive Program
Independent Living Intensive (I.L.I) will take place throughout the school year on weekends for young adults with developmental disabilities who hope to live independently or semi-independently as adults.
The Independent Living Intensive (I.L.I.) will focus on improving skills related to independent living by providing lessons, games, hands-on learning opportunities and trips into the community in a supportive and inclusive environment. The program is run by an enthusiastic, dedicated, and caring staff who are trained to provide assistance in a manner that promotes independence while giving nurturing and positive support.
Program activities include:
• Focused lessons and skill games concerning meal preparation, healthy diets, food storage, cleaning and organization, and budget and money handling
• Food preparation and meal planning
• Social skills lessons concerning community interactions, cooperation with roommates, and personal advocacy
• Going out to lunch with group
• Preparing and enjoying closing luncheon with family and friends
Here is the scheduled weekends for the I.L.I. program:
- October 28th-30th
- 2016 December 9th-11th
- 2016 March 24th-26th
- 2017 May 19th-21st, 2017
Click here to view the I.L.I. brochure.
For more information contact Samantha Hazlett at 267-261-5827 or email@example.com.