Delaware Day Camp
Variety’s Delaware Day Camp program is a fun filled educational experience open to all children ages 5-21 but programs are specifically designed for children with a developmental and/or physical disability. Our Day Camp aims to create an atmosphere of warm acceptance and guidance, and encourage participation at whatever level the camper is able.
- Campers are grouped in teams by age to promote strong peer relationships.
- Teams are staffed at 2:1-3:1 ratio, dependent on the needs of group to provide support while encouraging independence. 1:1 support is available for those who require extra assistance for success.
- Focus on improving social skills in a natural play, inclusive and accepting environment by jumping on teachable moments and consistent positive reinforcement.
- Develop independence by meeting the camper at their individual level and engaging and practicing activities of daily living skills.
- Improve self-confidence by trying new activities and expanding on existing skills.
- Enhance quality of life by engaging in adaptable, inclusive programming that promotes teamwork, creativity, fine and gross motor skills, and mental and physical health.
- Activities at Day Camp include free swim, Arts and Crafts, Sports, Dance, Music, Nature and more!
- Day Camp begins daily at 9 am and ends at 3 pm. Before and Aftercare are available for an additional cost.
Our goal is to have each camper leave us one step closer to independence and with increased self-confidence. Variety prides itself on being one of the only programs in the area capable of providing this experience for campers who need assistance with all levels of personal care, from those who require minimal assistance to those who require feeding tube, catheter care, and those who have seizure disorders and shunts. Variety’s experienced counselors and nursing staff are able to accommodate almost any need.
The cost of one week of day camp is $450, those who require a 1:1 incur an additional cost of $225. Scholarship and Financial Aid is available to those who apply and qualify. Variety will also accept payment plans and offers multi-week discounts.
If you have any questions regarding this program, please contact Mike Hazlett at 610-584-4366 ext. 220 or email@example.com.