Extended School Year
Variety established the Extended School Year (ESY) Program to assist students, ages 5-21, with developmental disabilities to maintain and improve skills acquired during the school year throughout the summer months.
- High staff/student classroom ratio
- Individualized instruction.
- Group social skills/ socialization activities
- Two daily reinforcement periods with activities of choice and swimming.
- Daily use of the sensory room
- Related Services – Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Physical Therapy.
- Pre-vocational activities for 14-16 year old students. Socialization activities for all students
- Intensive supports program for students from 16-21 with high needs in behavior, communication, or personal care. Program is staffed 1:1 and includes daily packaging and assembling activities
Our ESY Program is an alternative to School District programs that may not “fit” your child’s needs for structure and consistency.
This program is offered Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 3 PM and runs for 7 weeks. Transportation is usually provided by the School District but Before and After Care is offered for additional fees, if needed.
Applications are approved following a student interview and funding approval by the School District.
For a hard copy of our brochure and more information on how to apply, please call Jean Merkl at (610) 584-4366 ext. 201 or email email@example.com