Reports To: Director of Programs
Classification: Full-Time Salary Position (exempt)
Organizational Overview: Headquartered in Worcester, Montgomery County, PA Variety – The Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley an independent 501(c)3 corporation which is chartered by Variety International. The organization’s mission is to build self-confidence and independence in children with disabilities by engaging them in educational, recreational and social activities. Variety serves children with disabilities throughout the entire Delaware Valley including South Jersey and Delaware.
Position Summary: Utilizing Variety’s recently completed strategic plan as a guide, the After-School Program Director will further the mission of the charity by overseeing all after-school programmatic areas for Variety – the Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley. In addition to overseeing all sites and programs, the Program Director will be responsible for creating new and enhancing existing After-School programs, student recruitment, staff management, school relations, compliance and volunteer management. This position will work closely with all relevant staff to ensure the day to day operation of After-School programs are efficient, cost effective, delivering measurable results that are desired by the communities we serve and conducted in a safe environment and professional manner.
1. Ensure that all existing After-School Programs are compliant with requirements of all existing grant and public funding streams.
2. Ensure that programs are being developed and implemented in a way that produces measurable outcomes for the After-School Programs.
3. Oversee the daily operations of the After-School Programs, including attendance, all documentation, and staff management
4. Plan, implement and oversee the expansion of the After-School Program by opening new sites at new schools.
5. Plan, implement and assess a system for recruiting new program participants and staff.
6. Plan, implement and assess all training for all relevant staff including orientation, in-service, yearly evaluation and post program follow-up.
7. Plan, implement and oversee the summer PYN program.
8. Work cooperatively with Grant Writer, Development staff, CEO and relevant staff in grant writing, foundation relations, major gifts and identification of new funding resources while maintaining existing relationships.
9. Work with Finance Manager to ensure all fiscal aspects of camp programs are being attended to in a timely fashion including but not limited to; Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Scholarships, etc.
10. Maintain daily communication with Director of Programs of Variety – The Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley in regards to current status of all aspects of programming.
11. Participate in fundraising and other events for Variety-The Children’s Charity.
12. All other duties as assigned by the Director of Programs and Chief Executive Officer of Variety-The Children’s Charity.
I. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in related field
II. A minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in programming/education/public health or relevant field
III. Effective and efficient oral and written communication
IV. Valid Driver’s License
The Director of After-School Programs will have base salary commensurate with experience plus health and dental benefits. This is a full-time, year-round position with occasional nights and weekends.
Interested parties should email a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Heather Johnson at email@example.com.