Director of Program Development
JOB TITLE: Director of Program Development
REPORTS TO: Operations Director
Full – Time Salary Position
Headquartered in Worcester, Montgomery County, PA Variety – The Children’s Charity of Greater Philadelphia is an independent 501 (c) (3) corporation which is chartered by Variety International. The organization’s mission is to build self-confidence and independence in children with disabilities by engaging them in educational, recreational and social activities. Variety serves children with disabilities throughout the entire Delaware Valley including South Jersey and Delaware.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Director of Program Development will oversee all programmatic areas for Variety – the Children’s Charity of Greater Philadelphia including but not restricted to Extended School Year, Vocational Training, all After School Programs in Philadelphia and Worcester, Saturday Program, Day Camp and Overnight Camp. In addition to overseeing all programs, the Program Director will be responsible for creating new or enhancing existing programs, camper/student recruitment and staffing. This position will work closely with all relevant staff to ensure the day to day operation of programs are efficient, cost effective and conducted in a safe environment and manner.
- Define program goals and/or define and plan programs to reflect Variety’s goals
- Oversee the daily operations of year round programming including but not limited to: Overnight and Day Camp, ESY, Vocational Training, After School Program, Saturday Arts Program and Vocational Club
- Carry out system for recruiting program attendees and staff
- Prepare and conduct pre-program and in-service training for relevant staff
- Supervise and evaluate all program operations and staff including three year round full time employees, approximately 25 part-time school year employees and approximately 150 summer employees
- Prepare evaluations of current programs and recommendations for future programs
- Monitor safety and all procedures as they pertain to the complete supervision of program staff and campers
- Provide an atmosphere for developing good morale among program community
- Delegate responsibilities to appropriate staff members as needed
- Work cooperatively with Grant Writer, Operations Director, CEO and relevant staff in grant writing, foundation relations, major gifts and identification of new funding resources while maintaining existing relationships
- Maintain daily communication with Operations Director of Variety – The Children’s Charity of Greater Philadelphia in regards to current status of all aspects of programming
- Work cooperatively with members of Board of Directors and Camp Advisory Board on an as needed basis
- All other duties as assigned by Operations Director of Variety – The Children’s Charity of Greater Philadelphia
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in related field
- A minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in programming/education/camping or relevant field
- Effective and efficient oral and written communication
The Program Director will have base salary commensurate to experience plus health and dental benefits. This is a full-time, year-round position with occasional nights and weekends.
Interested parties should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Variety’s Operations Director, Mike Hazlett at email@example.com.