Opportunity: 1:1 Aides and Support Staff in the ESY classroom work at the direction of the certified special education teacher to support student participation, overall success, and well-being. Support Staff aid in the facilitation of services and supports, designed for each student, under the provisions of their IEP (Individual Education Plan), generally in a 1:1 setting. This is a great opportunity for an educator or college student for the summer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Implement student IEP goals under the direction of special education teacher
Support special education teacher in recording data and progress monitoring
Implement behavioral plans and positive supports for students as necessary
Assist students in all aspects of daily programming including, but not limited to: social, academic, behavioral, and personal care growth and development
Assist in the direct supervision of children in the assigned program as directed by the teacher or supervisors (e.g. bussing, classroom assignments, lunch, pool, etc.)
Model and maintain appropriate behavioral expectations across all environments, including but not limited to: conversation and social engagement, clean-up and self-care activities, listening, and everyday interactions for the purpose of demonstrating appropriate social behavior in a culturally sensitive manner.
Assist in ensuring the safety and well-being of all students within the classroom.
Maintain cleanly classroom equipment and work area.
Respond to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of classroom function.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working with people with disabilities desired
- Knowledge of behavioral modification strategies and positive supports strongly desired
- Knowledge of Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) based interventions preferred
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication, organizational and collaboration skills, and demonstrated ability to build relationships with students, staff, and parents. They are passionate, creative, and flexible!
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
1:1 Aide/Support Staff- ESY – Norristown, PA 19403 – Indeed.com