Under the direction of the Director of Accounting and HR, the Assistant Bookkeeper will be responsible for providing support to the Accounting and HR department with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
This position has internal contacts with administrative and programmatic staff and external contact with contract administrators, donors, and vendors, and thus must maintain a professional manner. This position holds access to sensitive Variety information and is expected to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
· Conducts day to day fiscal transactions, ensuring proper recording in all systems
· Manages petty cash
· Assists with the management of Accounts Payables & Accounts Receivables
· Monthly bank reconciliations
· Processes payroll
· Maintains Human Resources records
· Posts job openings
· Sends and collects new hire paperwork
· Administrative duties
· Other duties as assigned
1. Attend relevant staff meetings to promote communication and execution of goals.
2. Complete special projects specific to the function of the department or as needed for the department as directed by Supervisor
3. Participate in assigned events that may occur after regular business hours and weekends
4. Other duties as assigned within the scope of position expectations