Headquartered in Worcester, Montgomery County, PA Variety – The Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley is an independent 501(c)3 corporation which is chartered by Variety International. The organization’s mission is to enrich the lives of children and young adults with disabilities through social, educational and vocational programs that nurture independence, self-confidence and prepare them for life. Variety serves children with disabilities throughout the five-county Philadelphia area, southern New Jersey and Delaware.
- Report Directly to Coordinator of Education and Recreation Programs, Variety Administration
- Identify, assume responsibility for, and meet camper needs
- Work in a team with campers and other staff (1 to 3 ratio)
- Recognize and respond to opportunities for problem solving in the group (i.e. adapting activities as necessary for campers and ensuring camper participation)
- Develop opportunities for meaningful social interaction between campers and staff, and campers and peers.
- Provide opportunities for the group so that each individual experiences success during camp.
- Help each camper meet the goals established by the camp for camper development:
- Assist campers with daily living skills as appropriate (toileting, dressing/changing, personal hygiene, feeding, lifting/transfers)
- Complete cabin/team and camp-wide tasks assigned by cabin and team leaders.
- Support programmers and campers during activities as directed.
- Assume responsibility for health and welfare of campers entrusted to his/her charge
- Guide campers in emergency procedures and health and safety regulations
- Desire and ability to work with children with disabilities
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance
- Ability to display a mature, professional standard
- Ability to work as part of a team, cooperate with staff and other professionals
- Ability to place the needs of the campers above their own
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, patience, adaptability
- 16 years of age or older
- All applicable PA state clearances
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds regularly and repeatedly
- Physically able to accompany campers to any camp activity
- Physically able to push or manipulate wheelchairs as needed
- Physically able to life, pivot and transfer campers with assistance
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication, organizational and collaboration skills, and demonstrated ability to build relationships with students, staff, and parents. They are passionate, creative, and flexible!
Job Type: Part Time, Monday – Friday, Summer: June-early August (commitment must be by week)
Pay: $14 per hour
Read the full description and apply below:
Summer Day Camp Counselor, Norristown, PA – Job Details | Indeed.com