Variety has an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual interested in the fundraising field, event management, and graphic design. If you like working in a fast-paced environment and multi-tasking, this job is for you! Come be a part of a growing nonprofit that serves individuals with disabilities! This dynamic, key position is office-based in Montgomery County, and will provide support to the Senior Development Manager in building, cultivating, and maintaining new and existing donor and sponsor relationships and supporting volunteers, committees and affinity groups. This position is responsible for executing Variety’s full slate of fundraising events, as well as supporting the development team with projects related to marketing / social media / public relations / communications, staffing events, organizing and staffing campus tours, managing mail and mailing projects, and special projects to be assigned by the Senior Development Manager, CEO, and Campaign Counsel.
This position is a member of a collaborative Development Team and will be expected to attend and support all fundraising and community events. Some local travel to support in-person outreach events (e.g., local Philadelphia area) is expected.
This position has internal contacts with administrative and programmatic staff and external contact with donors, sponsors, volunteers, community leaders, and Variety families and thus must maintain a professional manner. This position holds access to sensitive Variety information and is expected to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Plan and execute annual fundraising events, reaching budgeted goals for revenue.
· Be responsible for revenue generation aspects of community, seasonal event, reaching articulated goals for revenue and coordinating with operations and program staff.
· Support campaign and ad hoc events as needed.
· Recruit and train volunteers for fundraising events in coordination with the Director of Operations; take leadership of third-party events and friends group(s) to support fundraising and outreach.
· Manage, approve, and track event income and expenses; coordinating with finance and utilizing Salesforce NPSP, evaluating event and producing accurate reports at event close.
· Track in-kind donations for events, and manage auctions and raffles for event from solicitation to inventory to packaging to actual event.
· Effectively promote events, create content, and coordinate public relations and marketing needs for events, in partnership with PR Consultant as appropriate or independently.
· Create and distribute “Run of Show” documentation for each fundraising event for all relevant Variety staff, volunteers, and board.
· Coordinate staff and volunteer task assignments as needed per event.
· Ensure necessary supplies are available for events and set up correctly, ensuring fiscal responsibility and maximization of impacts.
· Create and maintain sponsor and attendee registrations.
· Other duties as assigned
Marketing & Communications
- Create content for all Variety social media accounts as needed; support operation of accounts as needed .
- Create marketing materials as needed including creation and dissemination of program materials as needed; maintain updated marketing packets for use with development visits ensuring materials are current and relevant.
- Maintain and keep organized agency photos for marketing purposes.
- Support agency leadership in drafting copy for marketing pieces or external awards or other materials as requested.
- Coordinate Variety presence at community outreach, recruitment events, and resource fairs, attending as necessary and ensuring appropriate materials are utilized.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate daily mail pick up and track incoming revenues on a daily basis.
- Learn administrative functions of GiveLively and set-up campaigns as needed.
- Utilize Salesforce and reporting functions regularly
- Additional duties as assigned.
Development responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Solicit monetary and in-kind donations.
· Maintain relationships with donors, sponsors, volunteers, and vendors.
· Identify and cultivate new donor relationships and funding opportunities; steward existing relationships.
· Attend relevant workshops or training as necessary to maintain professional knowledge.
· Adhere to Variety’s security guidelines and ensure appropriate handling of sensitive information.
· Facilitate and attend relevant staff meetings to promote communication and execution of goals.
· Complete special projects specific to the function of the department or as needed for the department as directed by Supervisor.
· Participate in assigned events that may occur after regular business hours and weekends.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
All Staff Competencies
· Basic understanding of Variety’s mission, values, programs and services, and strategic plan.
· Knowledge and understanding of the target community needs and demographics.
· Understanding of legal criteria for issues such as confidentiality, child abuse, and mandated reporter requirements.
· Ability to provide nonviolent intervention with a high level of ethical standards of conduct, cultural sensitivity and within appropriate boundaries and limits.
· Ability to effectively use standard office equipment.
· Possesses strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by courteous, cordial, cooperative, and professional interaction with diverse groups of co-workers, external business partners, and the community.
· Ability to operate a computer and use a variety of common software programs including Microsoft Office, and customized databases.
· Adheres to all Variety and departmental policies and procedures.
· Attends all Variety in-services as required.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and effectively communicate with individuals and groups.
Development Staff Competencies
- Ability to work proactively, independently and collaboratively
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects while adhering to strict deadlines
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- A valid driver’s license
Experience, Education, and Licensure
Minimum Experience: Minimum of two (2) years of previous event management and development experience preferred, with strong attention to detail.
Minimum Education: High School diploma required but must meet experience requirement; Bachelors’ degree preferred, particularly with a Marketing or Communications major
· Experience in nonprofit fundraising preferred.
· Experience in event planning, organizing, consultation and event management preferred.
· Experience with a variety of social media platforms and current on social and digital media trends required.
· Experience with graphic design programs. Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud a plus.
· Excellent communication skills (written, verbal).
· Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently.
· Ability to objectively evaluate, make effective decisions and develop alternative solutions.
· Ability to work in a team environment and interact with all levels of Variety staff, volunteers and the public.
· Ability to be respectful, self-motivated, resourceful, considerate, and flexible.
· Knowledge of and skill in report preparation, proofreading and attention to detail.
· Proven background and willingness to work in an atmosphere requiring flexibility and change.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; talk or hear. The employee will occasionally climb stairs and ladders; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; taste or smell.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
· Operate related office equipment and use necessary tools.
· Specific vision abilities required by the job include frequent reading and close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Position may require occasional trips to attend conferences seminars, and meetings.
- Certain work-related appointments and events might be scheduled outside of traditional work hours as necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
- Health insurance