Variety – the Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley seeks a collaborative, highly detail-oriented Development Operations Coordinator as the organization continues its transformation as a multi-faceted service provider for individuals with physical and intellectual disabilities. The ideal candidate will love working with data, have the ability to process, monitor, report on, and visualize data for Variety, and be an analytical thinker who identifies, defines, and implements data-driven strategies and processes for Variety’s development initiatives. This position represents the engine of the Development Department with responsibilities that fully support and amplify Variety’s mission to enrich the lives of children and young adults with disabilities.
This is an opportunity to be part of a team that is blazing new trails for Variety at a pivotal point in the organization’s history, including being part of an exciting, aspirational comprehensive campaign and carrying the flag for one of the region’s oldest and most respected non-profits. Note this position is full time based on our Montgomery County campus in Worcester, PA. Candidates with a minimum bachelor’s degree and experience in data management and working with customer relationship management software (preferably Salesforce) are invited to submit a resume and compelling cover letter to: Variety – the Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley, c/o Dominique Bernardo.
About Variety – the Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley:
Variety – the Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley was originally founded as the Philadelphia area Variety Club in 1935. The organization has a rich history of employing unique development campaigns in its mission to improve the quality of life for children with disabilities. Many Philadelphians have fond memories of the iconic WPVI–TV6 Variety Club Telethon hosted by Monty Hall; while others recall the annual ‘Old News Boys Day,’ in which volunteers, including many of Philadelphia’s mayors, stood on street corners to sell special ‘Happiness Editions’ of the Philadelphia Inquirer. In recent years, a commitment to contemporary and robust fundraising has yielded generous support from individuals, corporations, and foundations and helped to raise tens of millions of dollars to sustain the organization into the 21st century.
This position is responsible for managing all data and activity in Salesforce, including but not limited to timely and accurate data entry, data reporting, gift processing, donation acknowledgements, data quality assurance, and maintenance of rules of engagement. This position is also responsible for coordinating with the accounting department to regularly reconcile financial records and for staffing events and special projects to be assigned by Director of Advancement (DoA) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The Development Operations Manager works within SalesForce, utilizes MS Office / Excel, and employs other tools to capture and report on impact data. This position serves as the Administrator of Variety’s Salesforce database and is responsible for overall management and audit of the database. He/she will work closely ongoing with the Director of Advancement to ensure the design and architecture of the database is current and functional. This position also supports administrative tracking related to “at play” events and client demographics.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Development Operations Manager nurtures and maintains relationships with internal contacts with administrative and programmatic staff and external contacts with contract administrators, donors, and vendors, and thus must maintain a professional manner. This position holds access to sensitive Variety information and is expected to maintain confidentiality and discretion in keeping with Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Code of Ethics and demonstrating and upholding professional standards and industry best practices.
- Responsible for timely and accurate gift processing; from recording of gift to producing donor acknowledgments and reconciliation with Finance.
- Serve as primary administrator of SalesForce CRM, Stripe, GiveLively and other tools used to process gifts; provide staff training on systems; stay current on software changes; negotiate pricing; prepare reports as required; ensures back up of system is working.
- Maintains Mailchimp accuracy, and ensures new contacts are added into Mailchimp and Salesforce.
- Conducts audit of data in Salesforce to ensure staff using appropriately, and updates procedures as needed.
- Collect data and RSVP for Variety ticket give-aways known as “at play” events
· Assist in the creation and distribution of correspondence and other communications, as requested
· Create and produce actionable reports and dashboard in SalesForce including board reports, progress on goals to date, weekly development dashboards, giving histories and other reports as needed.
· Wealth screening as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Support development operations and comprehensive campaign.
- Oversees and coordinates annual appeal.
- Updates content on website.
- Prepares content for annual report, helping visualize impact.
- Supports events particularly through maintenance of GiveLively and preparation of ongoing reports regarding fundraising goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
· Provide excellent customer service, responding to donor inquiries on phone, email or by mail as needed, and logging actions in salesforce.
· Attend and staff Variety programs and events as requested.
· Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience: Experience in development required. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience with SalesForce or comparable system required.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.