Variety – the Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley was originally founded as the Philadelphia area Variety Club in 1935. The organization has a rich history of employing unique development campaigns in its mission to improve the quality of life for children with disabilities. Many Philadelphians have fond memories of the iconic WPVI–TV6 Variety Club Telethon hosted by Monty Hall; while others recall the annual ‘Old News Boys Day,’ in which volunteers, including many of Philadelphia’s mayors, stood on street corners to sell special ‘Happiness Editions’ of the Philadelphia Inquirer. In recent years, a commitment to contemporary and robust fundraising has yielded generous support from individuals, corporations, and foundations and helped to raise tens of millions of dollars to sustain the organization into the 21st century.
Variety is seeking enthusiastic individuals to work as Job Coaches (Employment Specialist) at an exciting and pivotal moment for the organization, which is a recognized content expert and resource for families with special needs throughout the Greater Philadelphia region.
Reporting to the Variety Works Program Coordinator this very rewarding part time, flexible hour’s position will work with young adults with disabilities. Candidates are to be motivational in nature and able to assist individuals with disabilities in learning job skills necessary to gain and maintain a job in their community. You will assist in a range of activities including but not limited to; providing job coaching/support services in the community as well as providing vocational training on Variety’s campus and in the community. Candidates will be able to manage time efficiently, work well independently and in 1 on 1 support settings.
- Ensure the health and safety of participants during all supported employment services (job coaching/seeking, WBLE’s, assessments etc.).
- Coordinate employment opportunities with businesses, individuals and their teams. Job sculpt for individual clients as appropriate and needed.
- Supervise, train and provide direct support to individuals in a small group employment setting in the community.
- After data is collected, interpret the data into a comprehensive report that is disseminated to the individual, their team and the associated funding stream.
- Provide direct care and behavior supports to clients as needed.
Conduct assessments as needed.
- Assist individuals with disabilities in learning job skills necessary to gain and maintain a job in the community
- Maintain daily documentation and ensure compliance with ODP and OVR funding streams.
- Attend trainings as necessary to acquire and maintain certifications.
- Provide a positive experience for individuals being assessed/job coached.
- Administer all areas of ODP and OVR compliance and billing, and maintain appropriate service provision including waiver compliance, incident/risk management, quality management, Provider Qualification compliance, HCSIS and PROMISe Enrollment compliance, SSD maintenance, and Claims Management and Fiscal Reconciliation.
- Coordinate transportation for clients, as appropriate, which may include driving agency vehicles to transport them.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience: Experience with individuals with intellectual disabilities.
Minimum Education: BS or BA in related field.
- Valid Driver’s License – Job will be located in Worcester, PA, but travel to and from other locations on a regular basis is required.
- Effective and efficient oral and written communication’
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $16.00 per hour
For questions or to apply directly, contact Tyler.Kammerle@varietyphila.org