Organizational Overview: Headquartered in Worcester, Montgomery County, PA Variety – The Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley is an independent 501(c) corporation which is chartered by Variety International. The organization’s mission is to enrich the lives of children and young adults with disabilities through social, educational and vocational programs that nurture independence, self-confidence and prepare them for life. Variety serves children with disabilities throughout the five-county Philadelphia area, southern New Jersey and Delaware.
- Report Directly to Coordinator of Education and Recreation Programs, Variety Administration
- Identify, assume responsibility for, and meet camper needs
- Work in a team with campers and other staff (1 to 3 ratio)
- Recognize and respond to opportunities for problem solving in the group (i.e. adapting activities as necessary for campers and ensuring camper participation)
- Develop opportunities for meaningful social interaction between campers and staff, and campers and peers.
- Provide opportunities for the group so that each individual experiences success during camp.
- Help each camper meet the goals established by the camp for camper development:
- Assist campers with daily living skills as appropriate (toileting, dressing/changing, personal hygiene, feeding, lifting/transfers)
- Complete cabin/team and camp-wide tasks assigned by cabin and team leaders.
- Support programmers and campers during activities as directed.
- Assume responsibility for health and welfare of campers entrusted to his/her charge
- Guide campers in emergency procedures and health and safety regulations