Variety is seeking an enterprising and knowledgeable Senior Development Manager to join the team during an exciting and pivotal moment for the organization, which is a recognized content expert and resource for families with special needs throughout the Greater Philadelphia region. Reporting to and working in partnership with the Board President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Senior Development Manager has responsibility for leading and implementing all major components of philanthropic relationship building and contributed revenue generation. The Senior Development Manager position supervises members of the development team, works collaboratively with consulting partners, and role models productivity and success in a fast-paced environment.
The Senior Development Manager is dedicated to achieving fundraising goals for Variety, and their responsibilities include administration of all aspects of individual giving, corporate and foundation relations, special events, and development operations, with primary responsibilities related to individual giving and special events. In addition to leading efforts to secure and diversify contributed revenue for Variety’s annual operating budget, the Senior Development Manager will join organizational leadership and consulting partners to assist in executing a first-ever comprehensive campaign. Variety’s A Whole New World campaign is raising philanthropic dollars and public funding for an aspiring Master Facilities Plan that will transform the campus to align with community need. The Senior Development Manager will also assist the CEO with communications strategies, applying a philanthropic lens to all external messaging and positioning, and support Board communications as needed.
As a leadership member of the development team, the Senior Development Manager will direct and mentor members of the Development Department, work collaboratively across all functions of the organization, and represent Variety with Board Members, volunteers, donors, program participants and family members, and strategic partners. Ultimately, the Senior Development Manager will build internal and external relationships that will enable Variety to integrate existing grassroots and event-driven fundraising with a bold development mindset supported by new Board practices, systems for communications, and a new culture of major gift donor cultivation.
– Bachelor’s degree required
· 4 or more years of responsibility in a development context preferred, including experience managing staff and/or volunteers and managing efforts related to fundraising programs, campaign planning and execution, and development operations.
· Outstanding and proven leadership abilities: planning; communicating; managing talent in a competitive and fast-paced environment; paying attention to the details while keeping the big picture and strategic goals in mind; and executing to achieve departmental and role-related goals and objectives.
· Demonstrated experience in working across departments within an organization. An ability to quickly engender respect while building organizational understanding of the role of philanthropy.
· Experience working with data management systems or customer relationship management (CRM). Salesforce experience preferred.
· Experience with all phases of the relationship building and fundraising process, including soliciting and stewarding individual donors for gifts in the five- to seven-figure range.
· Proven track record of multi-functional, development experience (special events, individual giving – annual, major, and planned gifts, corporate and foundation relations, campaigns, etc.).
· Demonstrated ability to work and cultivate relationships across a variety of sectors, communities, and levels to ensure mission support and reach.
· Proficient in prospect engagement and face-to-face cultivation and solicitation.
· Exceptional written and verbal communications skills and excellent presentation and persuasion skills.
· Experience working with and supporting volunteers (including development volunteers, board members, and others) including but not limited to a fundraising context.
· Outstanding organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple priorities, maintain attention to details, and consistently meet timelines and budget expectations.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills including written and oral presentations.
· A collaborative, team building leadership style that inspires confidence and role models best practices, while having a sense of humor and unfailing professional integrity.
$65,000 – $80,000 annual salary, plus benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Worcester, PA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you possess, at minimum, a Bachelor’s degree?
- Development: 4 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
- Health insurance