Organizational Overview: Headquartered in Worcester, Montgomery County, PA Variety – The Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley is an independent 501(c)3 corporation which is chartered by Variety International. The organization’s mission is to enrich the lives of children and young adults with disabilities through social, educational and vocational programs that nurture independence, self-confidence and prepare them for life. Variety serves children with disabilities throughout the five-county Philadelphia area, southern New Jersey and Delaware.
The Speech Therapist works collaboratively with other members of the interdisciplinary team within Variety’s Extended School Year program to assure delivery of high quality speech and language pathology services in accordance with the physician’s orders and with the agency’s programs and policies. Services are provided in the patient’s place of residence.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides rehabilitative services for speech and language disorders.
- Observes, records and reports patient’s response to treatment and any changes in patient’s condition to physician.
- Communicates with Therapy coordinator, Director of Educational and Recreational programs, Director of Programming and appropriate staff in order to plan and deliver services. Confers with other disciplines as appropriate in planning rehabilitation for the student.
- Records reflect the school-based approach. Records make clear the goals and plans made with the patient and/or family. Records are written or dictated within two days after the session and incorporated into the student’s record within one week.
- Clinical records for new admissions are completed within 72 hours and submitted weekly.
- Evaluates and documents the effectiveness and outcomes of services on an ongoing basis and makes revisions as needed.
- Instructs other agency personnel and family members in methods of assisting the student to improve and correct speech disabilities.
Master’s or doctoral degree in speech-language pathology.
Current License from Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as a speech language pathologist.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Preferably one or two years’ experience under a qualified Speech Pathologist.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $75.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person