Job Title: Widener After School Program Coordinator
Supervisor: Director of Educational and Recreational Programs
Brief Description: Seeking an After School Programs (ASP) Coordinator at the Widener Memorial School in Olney, Monday through Friday from 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm, as well as additional admin hours offsite as needed. Our ASP targets social, functional independent living, and pre-vocational skill development for our students with disabilities, ages 5-21. Our After School Program lead staff will supervise other staff, maintain supplies, and support a range of activities
Position is about 25 hours per week including administrative time which can be done remotely.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with director to ensure all program provisions are being met at all times
- Collaborate with contractors, fieldwork students, 1:1 aides, supports coordinators, etc. to differentiate activities to best meet the needs of students
- Management of program support staff including: ensuring staff are scheduled and present in program at all times, delegating tasks, oversee completion of necessary paperwork, etc.
- Monitor the staff to child ratio and change staff accordingly
- Continually communicate any student or staff challenges, needs, or concerns with director
- Maintain frequent communication with parents regarding attendance, program updates, closures, etc.
- Support registration of students into program
- Conduct family intakes for interested families
- Communicate with the parents through daily drop‐off and pick‐up, manage sign in/out sheet
- Assist with ordering and retrieving program supplies
- Communicate onsite with school district personnel as needed during program
- Complete required daily snack/meal program documentation
- Develop and facilitate activity plans and lead students in educational activities
- Provide a warm and caring atmosphere for participants
- Implement behavioral interventions and positive supports as necessary
- Room setup and break down before and after program
- Meet weekly with director to discuss action items and program needs
- Monitor children to ensure their health, safety and physical well-being;
Working Conditions: Educational and Recreational atmosphere, in both indoor and outdoor settings. Exposure to body fluids, noises, and disagreeable odors.
Physical Conditions: Work type varies with short periods of standing, walking, moving, swimming, and light to moderate lifting.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelors in related field preferred
- Experience working with people with disabilities required
- Knowledge of behavioral modification strategies and positive supports strongly desired
- Supervisory experience preferred
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication, organizational and collaboration skills, and demonstrated ability to build relationships with students, staff, and parents. They are organized, creative, and flexible!
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Philadelphia, PA 19141: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location