To promote charitable giving, many companies match their current or retired employees’ contributions to non-profit organizations, such as Variety – the Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley. You may be able to double or even triple your contribution by checking with your human resources department to see if your employer offers such initiatives.
Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC)
For the past several decades, Variety – the Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley is qualified to receive funding through Pennsylvania’s Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program (EITC).
Eligible PA businesses may qualify for a tax credit equal up to 90% of their contribution. Tax credits may be applied against the tax liability of the business for the tax year in which the contribution was made.
For more information about the EITC program, please contact Greg Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Auction & Raffle Donations
Variety raises funds through online auctions and raffles at events. Here is a list of items you may be able to donate for us to use in this way. The list is not all-inclusive so if you have a similar item or a great idea for an item. If you would like to make a donation, please contact us at (484) 214-5450 or email@example.com.
- Weekend at beach or mountain house
- Disney Vacation Club Points for a weekend
- Sporting event tickets
- Autographed items (sports, movies, music)
- New items for raffle baskets (possible themed baskets include: game night; movie night; foodie; spa; pets; arts & crafts; Christmas and other holidays; date night; book; cooking; sports; beer; wine; guys grooming; etc)
- Restaurant gift cards
- New designer handbags, wallets, sunglasses
- Theater tickets
- Experiences like: spend the day with mayor or coach; cooking class; guided tours; etc
- Luxury hotel and resort stays
- Airline gift certificate
- Stylish luggage(new)
- Winemaker tour & tastings
- Gas for a year (52 gift cards worth $50 each)
- One-week timeshare
- Pet sitting and boarding
- Skiing and snowboarding adventure
- Private boat cruise with cocktailsVintage and rare bottles of wineSubs or burgers for 25 people delivered to work or home
- Private wine or beer tasting with 10 friends
Five-course meal at top restaurant
- Backstage brewery tour
- Cooking lesson from award-winning local chef
- Limo ride to and from local winery
- Pig roast brought to your home
- Perform the ceremonial coin toss before a game (and keep the coin!)
- Golf clubs(new)
- Opportunity to sit in on a local sports radio show
- Sportscaster for a Day
- Catered tailgate party including set up and tear down
- Passes to golf tournaments
- Pro lessons for any sport
- Rare baseball cards
- Tee time at a luxury or private golf course
- Personal yoga sessions at your home
- Personal trainer
- Tickets to a popular talk show (i.e. Ellen, Tonight Show, Conan)
- Guitar or other musical instruments signed by famous musicians
- Complete makeover with a local stylist, including makeup, hair and shopping
- Music instrument lessons
- Vocal lessons
- Tickets to a comedy / improv show
- Ballroom dancing lessons
- Computer or coding classes from an expert
- Amazon Prime subscription for a year
- Netflix subscription for a year
- New iPhone, iPad, Apple watch
- 4K TV
- New Computer, laptop
In-kind donations and gifts support Variety – the Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley in several ways. Donations of goods and services are used to raise funds for programming through auctions and raffles at special events. Contributions and donated resources used to maintain our 77-acre campus have a direct impact on our ability to provide meaningful year-round programs and activities.
If you are interested in donating an in-kind gift for a special event or for campus support, please contact Ben Fickinger at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss current needs.
- Security Cameras with a Security System
- Wet Floor Sign
- Large Plastic Containers with secured lids (not cardboard boxes) for office supplies and kitchen
- Dustbuster/Hand Vacuum
- Cleaning Products (such as Lysol Wipes)
- Cork Boards
- iPadsFirst Aid Kits
- Laptop Privacy Screen
- Laminator MachineNotebooksKeychain Labels –to sort keysOffice Supplies –OrganizerNew Employee Mailbox Slots with a Lock
- John Deere Gator Utility Vehicle –Gas Powered
- Gas Powered Zero Turn Grass Mower –60 inches or greater
- 750 or 850 Series type Bobcat Skid Steer
- MT50 or MT55 Series walk behind Bobcat
- Commercial Grade Gas Powered Leaf Shredder
- Philips F32T8/Plant & Aquarium Florescent bulbs
- 12 to 20 yards of top soil delivered to camp
- 4 to 6 bags of Grass seed
- Del-Valmixture for our area
- 20 to 100 forsythia starts
- 6 to 12 Apple and Pear Tree starts
- Watering bags which attach to new trees when planted
- Philips T8 32 watt, 48 inch daylight alto fluorescent bulbs
- Gym Double Doors
- Large Carport
- Air Conditioners
- Modified stones delivered to camp
- Paper towelsBags of Clean River Pebbles
- Bags of Clean Dirt
- PoolCleaning Supplies
- Pool Deck Chairs
- Pool Umbrellas
- Pool Vacuum
- Pool Vacuum Tube
- Art Drawing Paper: 8.5 x 11 and 11 x 17
- ArtWatercolor paper-9 x 12, 11 x 15, 18 x 24
- Art Printmaking paper-5 x7, 8×10
- Construction Paper
- Gallons of Glue
- Gallons of Tempera Paint
Leaving Your Legacy
Planned gifts are the ultimate expression of confidence and commitment to Variety – the Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley and a demonstration of caring and concern for children and young adults with disabilities, their families, and the communities we serve. These gifts can be funded through bequests, designation of Variety – the Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley as the beneficiary of your retirement or life insurance plans, or marketable securities. We are a registered nonprofit organization, and your planned gifts are exempt from income, gift, and estate taxes.
A charitable gift tax receipt can be issued for these donations at the time of their receipt and may represent tax benefits to you and your estate. Before you decide on your planned giving donation, we strongly recommend that you consult with a professional financial planner or tax advisor for the best options to suit your personal circumstances.
Want to Make A Charitable Bequest?
A charitable bequest is one of the easiest ways you can leave a lasting impact on Variety – the Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley and can be accomplished by making a simple amendment to your will or trust. If you are considering making a gift to Variety – the Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley through your will or trust or by beneficiary designation, you may wish to share the following language with your advisor:
“I hereby give (percentage, residuary, share, or specific amount or asset) to Variety – the Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley located in Worcester, PA. Variety – the Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley’s Tax ID #: 23-1556195.”
Other Ways to Make a Planned Gift
- Identify Variety – the Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley as the beneficiary of your insurance policy, which does not require you to change your will or other aspects of your estate plan;
- Designate Variety – the Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley as the beneficiary of all or part of your IRA (using a beneficiary designation form provided by your custodian). Of note, the full value of the gift is transferred tax-free at your death and your estate receives an estate tax charitable deduction; or,
- Provide readily marketable securities, including stocks, bonds, short-term commercial paper, and certificates of deposit.
Let’s Get in Touch
If you and your family intend to make a planned gift, we encourage you to share your plans with us by contacting Jenna Sala at email@example.com to discuss your specific interests and how you would like your gift to be directed. Sharing your plans places you under no obligation. And, as with any donation, all wishes for anonymity will be honored.
VarietyWorks Community Business Partner
VarietyWorks seeks local businesses to become a community business partner by hosting an intern, welcoming Variety participants to job shadow or visit their workplace, participating in training to learn how to accommodate employees with disabilities, or hiring a Variety job seeker.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the link below for more information.
In celebration of Harry Giordano’s passion for Variety- the Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley and his unbounded optimism, energy, and dedication, the Harry Giordano Legacy Fund was established to support the areas of greatest need.